Sunday, January 27, 2008

Black is the New Green


Some of you may be thinking "why a black weblog?" Easy answer: Black saves energy. Now you're thinking "O-o-okay, Aaron is cuckoo crazy".  Sure I am a bit little crazy about conserving little bit of energy. I am taking small steps in our everyday lives to save energy because the screen is mainly black. The monitor requires more power to display a white (or light) screen than a black (or dark) screen. In January 2007 a blog post titled
Black Google Would Save 750 Megawatt-hours a Year proposed the theory that a black website would save a fair bit of energy. That is why I have a black weblog. My next step is to purchase a portable solar charger to runs all my gadgets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like Darkoogle more than the rest since its got the 'similar page' on the result page like the white Google, and I use that all the time.

Lee said...

Wow, I learned something new! Thanks, Aaron. I'll have to make some changes to mine at some point...

Anonymous said...

Visit my echo friendly search engine,(its also in black)!

usearch.piczo.com

löki gale said...

You convinced me. My blog will follow your awesome eco-lead.

Although, I still maintain that orange is the new black.